Canadian Tire First Shift Program
NOMHA is hosting The First Shift this year! This is a great introduction to the great sport of hockey!
*The Canadian Tire First Shift is open to boys and girls, between the ages of 6 and 10 years old, who have never previously enrolled in minor hockey within Canada.
The CANADIAN TIRE FIRST SHIFT makes hockey;
- Manageable (time commitment)
Participant registration fee of $199 includes:
- BAUER Equipment (Head-to-Toe)
- Welcome Event
- Equipment fitting demonstration
- Expert fit session and equipment distribution
- A Program Maximum Capacity: 45 participants, 10 on ice instructors
- B Program Maximum Capacity: 30 participants, 7 on ice instructors
On-Ice Experience including;
- 6 Weeks, 1 session/week, 1 hour on a consistent day and time
- Focus on Fun and Learn to Play
- Insurance for participants
Hockey Canada On-Ice Curriculum
Hockey Canada has created a fun curriculum that focuses on:
- Small areas games and skills stations active
- Wide variety of skating skills, puck handling, passing and shooting exercises
- Discovering the sport through variety of basic motor movement patterns
- Fun games to ensure participants enjoy a full range of hockey experiences
Registration starts June 1, 2018.